Hello Calvin,

Welcome to the Elecraft List.

Were you using a dummy load or your antenna when looking at your K2's output
with an Oscilloscope?

Is the frequency of the modulation/ ripple which you see equal to the
sidetone frequency, or a harmonic of the sidetone's frequency, which you are
using when transmitting CW?

Also, if you transmit CW on another frequency in the 40m band, say 7.030
MHz, using the same power 10 watts, is the ripple still the same, any
"weaker", or not there at all?

And lastly, do you see the ripple on all bands, or on some bands but not
others, or only on 40m?

Sorry for asking these many questions, but there are several possible resons
why the ripple is there.

73,

Geoff
LX2AO