The radio was sitting by 50 amp astron power supply which was on.

Moved radio up to bedroom this morning w/ dummy load,  powered by an optima
blue top deep cycle battery.  Same results.  Could tune in to CW signal using
yaesu radio in basement.

Ordered the optional VCOSHLDKT today anyway since the K2 will end up down by
the power supply.