We're testing a field-test release of K3 firmware, 4.55. Release notes
below. However, we have a few more changes to make before going to beta.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

* * *

MCU 4.55 / DSP 2.79, 10-10-2012

* AM TRANSMIT CAN USE THE FM FILTER: The wide (FM) crystal filter can
now be assigned to AM transmit as well as FM. This can potentially
free up a crystal filter slot for customers who were using the 6-kHz
filter only for AM.

* K3EXREF USERS MUST NOW ENABLE THE MODULE IN THE MENU: To do this,
locate the CONFIG:REF CAL menu entry and tap 2 to change the setting;
flashes XREF IN or XREFOUT. If you DO NOT have a K3EXREF module
installed, use the XREFOUT setting (the default). If you use the XREF
IN setting without a K3EXREF module installed, you may hear digital
switching noise on the 6-meter band.

* REMOTE-RIG (K3/0) BUG FIX: The SUB RF GAIN control now works
correctly.

* XVTR BAND DISPLAY FIXED FOR MICROWAVE BAND DISPLAYS: Previously, a
band defined as 3400 MHz in CONFIG:XVn RF would not produce the
correct display when the VFO was tuned below 3400 MHz.

* PSK-D/FSK-D PROSIGN TRANSMIT FIXED: Was sending "BB" for "BT", "AA"
for "AR", etc., always duplicating the characters.

* VOX TRANSMIT TERMINATION VIA REMOTE CONTROL FIXED: The "RX;" remote
control command will now properly terminate transmit when VOX is in
use. Some customers who use VOX in audio data modes will find this
useful. Previously the K3 would sometimes not exit transmit, requiring
an additional "RX;" command.

* VFO A/B REV AND SWAP DE-GLITCHED: In rare cases, swapping VFOs would
generate a loud audio artifact.