Ariel,

Do not be too quick to conclude that there is something wrong with the
base K2.  The basic K2 uses only an RF voltage diode to display the
power output, and it may not be exact - it depends on the load and may
vary from band to band - if it only off by a watt or two, then all is OK
   That is bypassed when the KAT2 or KPA100 is installed.

Yes, do check with the external wattmeter - both with and without the
KPA100.  I still think KPA100 diodes D16 and D17 are highest on the
suspect list with other KPA100 wattmeter components being second on that
list.

73,
Don W3FPR