On 11/12/2012 9:09 PM, Ron Midwin wrote:
> I'm considering a Hex Beam antenna with the rotator at the bottom of a 30
> foot mast.  The Hex Beam company recommends a Yaesu G450 A rotator or
> equivalent.  Since I've not used a rotator before, I'm looking for
> recommendations on one that might be more compatible with my K3?
>
> This is regarding controlling the rotator from the shack.  Any comments
> would be appreciated.

My hex beam is turned by the Yaesu G8000DXA. As Mike pointed out, in
order to get computer control of your rotator you'll need the Idiom
Press controller which unfortunately does not work with your proposed
G450A rotator. Computer control is only necessary if you want your
logging program (e.g. DXLab or N1MM) to help you control your rotator.
If that is not important to you, then the G450A will be perfectly fine
for your hex beam. The K3 doesn't really care about rotator compatibility.

Contact me off list, if you need more specific information about my setup.

73, Charles, N2SO