Further to my earlier posting, I have now got the new KAT500 connected to
the K3 and KPA500 as per the instructions.

Of course it did not work at all at first. However, I just got back from
dinner out with the XYL, checked again and found that I had reversed the
antenna/transceiver cables !!

Now corrected and seems to be working perfectly.

It also does not seem to introduce any loss whatsoever, just like the K3
built in ATU. I don't know how Elecraft do that as both my Kenwood rigs
have significant losses in their ATU's as did my previous Yaesu.

The mojo is still working.

Barry  VK2BJ