I just installed the backlight mod and it's quite an improvement. Using a Hakko
808 to suck out the old (cut) pins from the original LCD made the job
absolutely painless.

The instructions were easy to follow and the backlight was cut well. Thanks Tom!

I keep the rig at my bedside and will often switch it on when I can't sleep and
the xyl is sleeping just to see what's on the bands. The backlight makes the K1
perfect for this.

Now all we need is a GENERAL COVERAGE RECEIVER kit from Elecraft.

73,

Lonnie
NY2LJ