* On 2012 23 Nov 20:59 -0600, david Moes wrote:
> rig control is somwhat limited in FLdigi  you can change mode and
> QSY    if you want more control you can use FLRig.   the windows
> version is a little limited vs the Linux version but it still works
> quite well for basic rig control.

As maintainer of the K3 backend in Hamlib and now (it seems) the primary
maintainer of Hamlib, here is the deal.  Due to decisions made by Dave,
W1HKJ, the Hamlib included in Fldigi on Windows and OS/X platforms is
very old and from before I bought my K3 and corrected a lot of the
issues.  As we had to update one of our build tools due to a security
issue about the same time as I bought my K3, Hamlib can no longer be
built as Dave uses it, statically compiled into Fldigi.  So, even if a
newer version of Hamlib is installed on a Windows system, for example,
Flidigi cannot load it so users on Windows are forced to use Fldigi's
rigCAT or Flrig.

On Linux systems the default is to compile Fldigi to use shared
libraries so a newer Hamlib can be installed and Fldigi will use it.

73, de Nate, N0NB >>