The most recent shipment of Dell Optiplex (business desktops) I bought have
serial ports.  Dell Latitude notebooks have an available snap-on legacy port
adaptor that includes a real (non-USB) serial port, same as do the docking
stations.  My ruggedized Latitude E6420 XFR has a standard serial port, but
it seems to be an internal USB-serial port adapter.  A lot of network
equipment still has serial console ports, so laptops marketed toward network
techs tend to have available serial ports. In my experience USB to serial
adapters are generally inferior to traditional serial ports.