I just finished "Alignment and Test, Part II".  All went well.  All test
were passed.  All alignments went well.  The filters were peaked, etc.  This
is the third K2 I've built.  This time all was perfect the first time.

My problem is this. When listening to a CW sig on the air, pushing almost
any button or turning most knobs causes a raspy/chirping sound from the
received signal that doesn't go away after the knob/button has been touched.
I've noticed the following:

I'm not near any power supply.  Turning the KEYER, POWER, AF GAIN and RF
GAIN knobs does not cause the problem.  Turning any other knob or depressing
any other button causes the chirping/raspyness.  It almost sounds like
digital interference sometimes.  I discovered that turning the spot function
on causes the received signal to be very very raspy.  At the same time the
spot tone is pure.  Subsequently turning the spot function off causes the
received signal to clear up with no noticeable rasp/chirp, until one of the
knobs/buttons is turned/pushed again.  This is repeatable.  I've tried using
a battery with no change.  I'm using the 12v supply (ASTRON) that works fine
on my Yaesu and has worked fine for two other K2s.

I've repeatedly checked all boards for unsolders leads, etc.  The AF pot is
in the correct position.

Again, all test passed.  All values were stable and well within range.  CAL
PLL was run.  CAL FIL was performed and filters set to table values (for
now).  BFO range was 4.4.  VCO voltage readings were all in range.  The 4Mhz
oscillator was set to 4Mhz.  In short there were no problems.

I sure hope someone has an idea.

Thanks,  Roger, W1EM