Thank you, thank you, thank you.  You were right.  Apparently the end of
RFC15 attached to the cap was either not connected or had a poor connection.
I touched up the connections with the iron and it works like a charm now!
Happy days are here again!

I was doing great last night with the kit until just after midnight I
discovered this audio problem.  Right after that I looked over to my
computer screen and my system had crashed.  I was beginning to wonder what I
did to cause all this to happen?  Windows XP is usually very stable.  I'm
running a beta version of Microsoft's Antispyware and it had just run and
gave me some real bad sounding error messages.  The system wouldn't reboot.
It said the kernel was missing.  Not only that file but the whole system32
directory was gone!  By this time I wasn't too happy.  The good news is I'm
using Norton Ghost and my system gets backed up every 3 hours to my D drive.
I was able to rebuild my complete system in about 1 hour (this morning).
I've been using Ghost for a few years and have found it to be a great
program.  You just have to boot from a supplied CD and restore from an
image.  The restored system comes up without any errors.  I've use many much
more expensive backup schemes at work and this beats them all, hands down,
in my opinion.
So now as I've said, all is well in the world again.  At least for me.

Thanks again.  I hope this helps others if they have this problem too.

Roger, W1EM