From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Ron W3ZV
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 11:56 PM
To: Elecraft
Subject: [Elecraft] K144XV vs XV144

I am looking to add 2m to my K3. I need to decide whether to get the
internal transverter or the external. The way I would purchase them, cost is
almost equal. Crystal oven on the external, K144RFLK and KXV3 upgrade on the
internal. Neither will drive my current brick amp to full output so, thats a
wash as well. Building the XV144  is a plus. So I guess it comes down to
receive performance and transmit stability. If anyone has made this choice,
what made you choose one or the other?

Ron, W3ZV