Wayne,

Thank you for taking the time to reply on a weekend.

I'm not an EE, so I could have flubbed this test, but here is what I did:
With ACC2 IO PTT=LO, KX3 power output set to 0.0W, and CW Skimmer monitoring
the RX I/Q from the KX3, I plugged a brand new plug into the end of the
short ACC2 cable supplied with the 'KX3-PCKT Cable Set' (no connection to
the 590), then shorted the tip to the sleeve. The KX3 TX light came on as
expected.  I keyed up a short dit on the 590 at five watts (into a dummy
load, for the record) and was able to see the dit show up on the CW Skimmer
screen at the 590 TX frequency.

Curiously, when I went to the KX3 right after reading your post, I could not
immediately recreate the behavior.  With no intentional change to the setup,
it started happening again, which is when I did the experiment above.

Let me know how you'd like me to proceed.  I can try to load older versions
of the firmware, but I'll wait for your recommendation.

73,
Mark Glenn
K7MJG