K7MJG wrote:

Thanks for the great operating tip and for the explanation of the data path.
Split works very well and keeps the CW Skimmer output pristine.

Great!

For my own peace of mind - Can I assume, then, that it is safe to transmit 100 watts into a transmit antenna approximately 20 feet from the KX3's separate receiving antenna, and that as long as the KX3's PTT is activated and the KX3's
TX light is illuminated, I'm not doing damage to my KX3?

Putting the rig into TX mode is a very effective strategy for protecting the front end. I'd feel better if the antennas were farther apart, but you seem to have an existence proof.

Wayne
N6KR