On 12/22/2012 11:21 AM, gold...@charter.net wrote:
I can not get my K3 to TX in split mode for CW.

What is the magic setting,  I put it in split mode and change the frq to
1k up but it still does TX on RX frequency.

There has to be something simple to do this.

There is:

1.  Put VFO A on the DX frequency.

2. Tap A>B *twice* in succession. First tap will put the VFO A frequency in VFO B. Second tap will put all the other VFO A parameters [like mode] into VFO B. The K3 won't go into SPLIT mode if the two VFO's are in different modes.

3. Hold SPLIT. The little TX indicator on the right end of the display will now point down to "B".

4.  Select your TX frequency with VFO B.

It takes way longer to describe it than to do it. You can listen on your transmit frequency by either holding REV [#2 on the keypad], or tapping A/B. Holding REV will swap A and B for as long as you hold it, when you release it, you're back to RX on A and TX on B. Tapping A/B will reverse the VFO's, tapping A/B again will put them back in normal split mode.

If you have a P3, both VFO cursors will show up. VFO A is usually on the left because we almost always split "UP."

Hope this helps

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2013 Cal QSO Party 5-6 Oct 2013
- www.cqp.org