Similar function with logger32 works fine on the K3. The mode will change according to mode definitions in the "bands and modes" table and sets mode when I click on a spot. HRD uses a similar setup. Is there possibly an error in the HRD "band layout" definitions as set in the band manager? possibly entries for the 30s segments. Mode is set based on band layouts and HRD the software sets rig mode, so i doubt it has much to do with the K3 firmware.

If I am way off here, I must apologies. my answer assumes that this is similar in V6 as in earlier versions.