Joel,

I have a MacBook Air that has only ONE USB port. I have a Targus non-powered
USB "octopus" plugged into it. Into that I have plugged the KUSB cable, a Mac
USB keyboard, a Newer Technologies 1TB external hard drive, and a USB cable for
my SignaLink USB device. And, on occasion, I plug my AIM-4170 antenna analyzer
into it. You may not need a powered hub unless you have some other power-hungry
device to run.

Jim / W6JHB