AFAICT, there is no specific power requirement mentioned for the KUSB (nor for
the
Sabrent equivalent that I purchased at my local Tiger Direct store), which
means that,
probably, it's safely within the 100mA power limit imposed by the USB spec.

BUT, you should be aware that the Signalink USB *does* require an external
powered
USB hub, because it draws close to 500mA, and says so in its specs, etc. I'm
running it
and the Sabrent off of a 7-port hub that I bought at Staples (yes, ouch... - do
shop around
if you can, and balance availability vs. shipping costs, etc.) and have also
run, at the same time,
an SCS PTC-ii USB off of that hub as well as a PS/2 keyboard and mouse when I
had it all attached
to an Acer netbook. (These days, I'm running just the Signalink and the Sabrent
to the iMac).
I have had problems with the mini-USB plug on the hub loosening up on me,
however,
so if you have time to shop around, it's something to closely inspect.

HTH,

73 and Happy New Year

Brandy, N1HO