Dear Folks:

I am the proud owner of K2-10 #6922 and, so far, have been operating it
exclusively on cw (I am building the SSB option right now, though I am a
brass pounder).  It is a fine radio and has caused my TS-850S and AL-80 amp
to gather a lot of dust.

My only problem has been the filter alignment.  I have repeatedly tried to
align the filters, and always seem to end up with a situation where the
passband of the filters never falls within the passband of the receiver at
its maximum bandwidth (I have it set for 150hz).  In other words, the
received signal, when the receiver is right on it, always seems to fall
outside of the 70hz filter (if I tune the receiver to copy the received
signal with the 70hz filter in use, and then switch to the 40 and 20hz
filters, the signal stays within the bandwith).

The last time I tried to align the filters, I used a noise generator and
Spectrogram, and followed Tom Hammond's (N0SS) instructions.  After doing
this, I always need to turn on the RIT and turn a few hz below the received
signal to bring it within the bandwith of the 70hz filter.

What am I doing wrong?  For reference purposes, I have my sidetone set for
600hz.

Thanks and 73 de Bernie, KF0QS