Don:

Thanks for your reply.  I have to admit that I had completely forgotten the
"spot" function.  I guess my ear was attuned to something different from
what the spot function would show.  I have found that, if I use the spot
function, I am able to keep the received signal within the passband of the
filter in use.

I did recheck my dial calibration, and I did the filter alignment all over
again.  It now seems to work fine.  Indeed, I gave it a bit of an acid test
during the North American QSO Party last weekend.  I would tune into one of
the most crowded frequencies, get a signal in the middle of the passband for
one of the narrower filters (I do now understand that the filters are
1500khz, 700, 400 and 200khz - sorry for the error), and then try and reply
to that signal.  It worked perfectly every time.  In other words, a signal
in the center of the filter passband was pretty close to my transmitted
signal.

I wanted to wait a bit before replying because, on a few past occasions when
I realigned the filters, the filter alignment seemed to change as time went
on.  In other words, the received signals seemed to end up more and more out
of the passband as time went on.  However, at this point, two weeks after I
did the latest realignment, everything seems stable and working well.

Thanks so much for your patience and help.

73 de Bernie, KF0QS