fldigi is a good suggestion and RUMlog is a great suggestion, especially it you
are chasing DX and also interested in using the built in FSK-D and PSK-D
capabilities of the KX-3.

For casual RTTY and PSK and dx'ing you may find that the combination of RUMlog
and cocoaModem are hard to beat.  One audio connection from the radio to the
Macbook and you're good to go using the waterfall from cocoaModem integrated
with RUMlog for transmit.

Rick
K6LE