On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 16:52 -0700, Jeff Stai wrote:
> But, the K2 uses the last control action, so if I send an RC it will
> clear a pot command, but as soon as I touch the pot it will use the
> current pot position.... worst case is the next needed position for
> the RIT knob is on the other side of zero. It would feel like an
> unseen force turned the knob the wrong way before you turned it the
> right way

Correct. Until Elecraft adds a motor to physically turn the knob, that's
how it'll work. :-) Hey, don't laugh, there are audio mixers with
computer control that do that - kinda neat watching the sliders move by
themselves.

Of course, the other way to do it would be to use an encoder instead of
a pot.

>  - something I could probably get used to...

You might find the white line on the knob to be of use - at least you
can see where the RIT will jump to when you touch the knob.