Hi Cliff,

If you are not aspiring to be a "speed demon" (40WPM plus), Iambic keying
is the most comfortable and it is very easy to learn. So get a dual lever
paddle. You say not too expensive, that rules out my favorite, Begali
Sculpture, but there is a reason that the Bencher BY-1 is considered the
"standard dual-lever paddles" by a lot of people, and that is that it's
relatively cheap (and widely available used), and performs relatively well.
It's not a Begali by any stretch of the imagination but it's still precise
enough and has a decent enough feel that you can comfortably roll along at
25-30WPM without getting fatigued or annoyed.

So go for one of those, preferably pick it up used for $30 or so, and do
not try a Begali first or you will not want to touch a Bencher again, but
then again, the Bencher is perfectly good for what it is.

There are many other paddles around, I've tried a Vibroplex once and found
it far too clunky and with a sluggish feel, but maybe that was just that
one (it was a single-lever as well) - definitely wasn't for me.

The KXPD3 for the KX3 is great as well for what it is - it is far better
than a Bencher IMHO, and in a much smaller form-factor, of course using the
KX3 as a counterweight and not suitable for use with a K3 or any other rig.

73, Thomas M0TRN