One thing you can do to help decide - try adjusting the spacing.  Note the
pitch of the adjusting screws and how tight they hold their position.
Put a piece of paper into the gap and see how much control you have in
adjusting the controls.  yes, you should be able to set the gap to this spacing
and have it hold.  Another poster would not name names.  I will, because I've
owned them.
Yes a Begali can do this.  No a Vibroplex vibrokeyer cannot.

The other choice you have is between spring loaded or magnetic.  I used spring
loaded keys since 1965, till I got a Begali in 2009.  I went through Vibroplex,
Bencher, Kent, and a Japanese one that escapes me right now.
All the top ones Begali makes are magnetic.  The paddles hardly move at all.
The gap is so close you can hardly feel it.  I'm not good with mechanical
things but I know there are bearings inside that make it possible (to have a
close gap and still be very precise).  Mine is a Begali magnetic classic, but
it has plastic actuating arms.  My next one will be a Sculpture, but the big
decision is should a P3 or a sub receiver for the K3 come first?
Decisions, decisions.  Ain't it great?
Rick  K2XT