Before he was forced to quit writing K3 software due to health and other
concerns, Julian, G4ILO wrote a small program called K-Tune (still available on
his website) that used the Griffin PowerMate for tuning and some other control
functions on the K3.

If you use a logging program that uses the RS-232 port to read data from the
K3, you'll need to install and configure LP-Bridge to allow multiple programs
to access the K3 through the one serial port.

I have not used it yet, but I did order the Powermate this morning - check
around, Griffin wants $45 on their website, but you can get it cheaper
elsewhere (I got mine from B&H Photo for under $30).

I've heard that K-Tune works well with the Powermate, but as I said, no
experience as of right now -  I have used other programs by Julian though, and
they have all worked very well so I plan on giving this one a try as well.

Jim - W0EB