I use an homebrew logging program for normal and contest logs. Uses MMTTY
engine on FSK RTTY and WA0TTN version of PSKcore.dll on PSK. Running
Win98se cos it works OK. I have 2 serial ports. 1 for FSK, cw keying, PTT
etc. The other connects the logging program to the K3 to give freq readout
and power.
I have programmed the log so I can tune the K3 using minus & plus keys on
the keypad, holding them down scans the K3 up or down. The star key is
used for spot. I use 2 other keys to change bands up or down.
I don't know if it is possible to use the Utility Program to do a similar
thing using macros. Maybe HRD & N1MM could be programmed to do the same
thing worth contacting the authors??
Trouble is a majority of programs don't allow the use of keyboard control
instead of the mouse. In contests it is wasting time reaching for the
mouse, finding the pointer and getting it where you want it. Your fingers
are already on the keyboard so why not use it to control the rig!

73's - Graham G3VIP