I would agree with Don's most recent statement. My K2 is my shack rig and the
KPA100 is built in and the rig sits on top of the KAT100. A fantastic
combination to be sure. When I first built the KPA100 I ran the K2 with an
outboard LDG auto tuner and there's simply no comparison. Sounds like you have
your portable needs covered with the K1 (my choice for QRP) and KX3, so if
you're like me and value space on your desktop, put the amp inside the K2.

Steve,
W1SFR