Chad,

You will be better off setting the AGC parameters to match your operating needs. Go to my website www.w3fpr.com and read the article on "Noisy K3" to guilde you. The menu parameters have been expanded since that article was written, but the principles are the same, but they now cover a greater range.

73,
Don W3FPR