Tony,

I would suggest that you use a 74xx07 Hex Buffer between the K3 band outputs and the LEDs to show you the state of the band outputs. If the 0000 state for 60 meters bothers you, use a 74xx06 which inverts the output so all 4 LEDs will be on for 60 meters.

Like Wes, I think you should trust the K3 band outputs and your efforts would be better placed in lighting LEDs from the output of your BCD-14 band decoder to give you confidence that the band decoder is working properly.

Of course, you could that with your DMM without building anything extra.

73,
Don W3FPR