And a great happy ending, many thanks to the team at elecraft...
Great price for the replacement part, this would be $200 from Motorola haha.

Members of the mailing group, Pls see part number below for your reference
if you ever need one.

Cheers
Brenton
VK5BM/3
Other callsigns VK3NV, VK3JC

Hello Brenton, yes here's the info that you need:

Here is the info on the P3 buttons. 10 buttons, all one piece. Should be
around $10.

10 button Molded key pad 1 E100349
and a 2nd answer

Brenton,

Here's the P3 button information you requested:

E100349 P3 Switch Array $10.36

Please note that removal of the old keypad and installation of the new one
involves making sure all of the adhesive from the original keypad is
removed from the pcb, and that the button surface contacts on the PC board
are clean and free from contaminants, hand oils etc. If you use acetone to
remove contaminants please be very careful that it does not get on or in
the LCD display.

You can order this part or any parts you might need from the Elecraft kits
directly on our secure credit card page
< http://www.elecraft.com/newcc.**html <http://www.elecraft.com/newcc.html>>
Just fill in the credit card information and in the "Comments" box describe
the parts you need including the Elecraft Part Numbers (found in the Parts
List of your Elecraft Manuals) and quantities.

73, Howard Stephenson K6IA
Elecraft Customer Support
(831) 763-4211 EXT 169