the results! I think you'll be
pleasantly surprised.

Bert, N4CW

In a message dated 2/7/2013 11:56:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net writes:

Date:  Thu, 7 Feb 2013 06:57:36 -0800
From: "Ken Schillinger"  <k...@whidbey.com>
To: "elecraft@mailman. qth. net"  <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] Using SB 200 With  KX-3

Hi,

My name  is Ken / ke7hge and I'm new to the group.

I haven't purchased a  KX-3..yet. I am on the cusp.

One question I have is regarding the  possibility of connecting the KX-3 to
Heathkit SB 200 I have setting  here. I bought the amp, installed the
Harbach
(sp?) soft key and soft start  mods with the idea of using it with my Yaesu
897d. I have never hooked it  up, but then again I have 100 W available with
the 897. I'm considering  selling my 897 to partially fund the KX-3, which
would leave me at 10 - 12W  which is fine, except.sometimes higher power is
desired. What does everyone  think, will the KX-3 and SB 200 be compatible,
and if so; will I be able to  drive the SB 200 to a point where I will get
60-70 W  output?

Thanks for your consideration, Ken /  ke7hge