Did you accidentally select the RX Ant with nothing connected?

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 3/3/2013 11:29 AM, Phil Hystad wrote:
I just realized that there is some heavy attenuation of received signals on my
K3 for the 20 meter band.  I thought the band was dead this morning which seems
unusual since this is a big SSB DX contest.  My other bands are busy as you
would expect and I have made a number of DX contacts on 15 and 10 meters this
weekend.

But, I turned on my Icom Pro III and with the very same antenna as used by the
K3 (a Traffie Hexbeam) the 20 meter band came alive and was full of signals.
These DO NOT appear at all on my K3.

This is the 20 meter band only.  It does not appear to affect transmit as far
as I can tell.  I can transmit into my antenna through the KAT500 and I have
the low SWR (about 1.2:1) and my LP100A reads the right amount of power output
(key down).

Is this some setting I screwed up accidentally in the past or is there
something that could go wrong to result in single band RECEIVE attenuation in
the K3.

Thanks,

73, phil, K7PEH