Wes,

I believe Elecraft has already implemented a fix for that in later K3s (starting about a year ago) - at least there was talk about doing it and supplying one 2D connector that was different then the others (with threads removed from thee hole). Removing the threads from the center hole of the 2D connector eliminates the dependency for first tightening the screw (really tight) into the 2D connector and then tightening the standoff (without loosening the screw).

So if you want to fix yours, drill out the center hole of the 2D connector so the 1/2 inch screw can pass through it (1/8 inch drill bit). The screw is then tightened when the standoff is added to the end of the screw.

Be certain to hold the 2D connector in a vise or otherwise secure it while drilling so it does not spin and cause injury.

73,
Don W3FPR