From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net [elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] on
behalf of Ian White [gm3...@ifwtech.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 1:06 AM
To: 'Wes Stewart'; 'Elecraft Reflector'
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Erratic output power

When first assembling the RF output connector and the KANT3/KAT3 board,
I didn't like the idea of using the long standoff pillar as a "ground"
return for large RF currents. The end of the pillar is actually quite
close to one of the mounting holes of the SO239, so a much shorter
return path can be made by using two solder tags, bent carefully so that
they overlap and then soldered together.

If Elecraft could supply a suitably drilled and twisted bit of metal,
problems in that upper rear right corner of the K3 might disappear.

73 from Ian GM3SEK