Dana,

That is a good reason to use DATA A mode instead of SSB.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 3/4/2013 10:46 PM, Dana Browne AD5VC wrote:
I have been using my KX3 with digital software and seem to have some odd
behavior using the PBT.  I have it set to do upper cutoff/lower cutoff on USB
or LSB and am watching the received display on the waterfall.  As expected, the
upper cutoff in the noise follows the cutoff displayed on the screen, up to a
point.

However, if I lower the cutoff below 2.35 kHz, there is an additional dead zone
(no noise on the display) from 1.4 kHz to 1.6 kHz.   The same thing happens on
LSU at 2.45 kHz.   This appears no matter what band I am on, so I assume it is
something in the DSP software.