Group - I am building a new K3 kit and ran into a problem today. I did the initial power on test in the build cycle with no issue. I am now at the initial configuration point after the radio is built but before the 100W amp installation.

When I powered up the radio, everything was fine, although I was surprised that I didn't get any error messages as expected in the assembly manual. I proceeded to calibrate the synthesizer which went fine. I then began to set the filter parameters and mis-read the instructions and after setting the bandwidths, started to set the modes. Instead of setting the mode and doing all of the filters, I did all of the modes on one filter. After I did a couple, I got a message that something was "FULL" and the radio became unresponsive. I tried powering off and back on, but then it wouldn't go into config mode. So I looked up how to do a soft reset, but when I held in the SHIFT/Lo knob and turned on the power I didn't get the EE INIT message and now all of the buttons do strange things, it started randomly beeping and now won't power on.

Help?

73

John
N9RE