As a follow up the recent information passed along on the subject under another
thread (* on KPA500) I am looking for some additional clarification. I was
under the impression that
KPA500 would go into standby automatically when the KAT500 went into a tune
mode.
Apparently this is not the case unless I have something set wrong. I have found
when changing bands if I initiate the K3 “tune cycle” the KPA500 will not go
into
standby.The KPA500 goes in and out of transmit mode and eventually will go into
a "soft fault" if there is an initially high (SWR) while the KAT500 continues
to look for a match. The fault due to high reflected power of course is as it
should be and must be cleared to proceed. Just curious but is this correct
expectation or is there a
set up function I missed that automatically places the KPA500 in standby  when
the   As I said I was under the impression that whenever
the KAT500 did a tune the KAP500 would go into standby.
This is not a major problem as I have set up the KPA500 now
to go to standby whenever I change bands as well as initial start-up. I am
still curious however if I missed something.
Thanks

Bill – W0BBI