Hi All,

I am in need of some informed counseling. Hopefully I won't start a thread of "war stories".

Some time back, my neighbor complained that I was getting into his TV system. He has Dish Network, by the way, which is the same thing I have. Anyway, I immediately tried to be responsive, went to his house to hear the problem for myself, with the aide of another local op who operated my rig while I listened. I was getting into his system all right, but it was an anomoly. I don't have any problem with my own systems here. Anyway, I tried a few toroidal filters, but it didn't seem to help. Fortunately, I got some assistance from the local ARRL RFI committee, and it was determined that it was his sub-woofer leads that were the culprit, and I had not filtered that particular lead previously. He has a serious "rats nest" wiring system running all through his house. Anyway, A filter seemed to solve the issue.

Fast forward to the present--now I'm told he thinks I am getting into his phone system and his internet! I can believe the phone thing--that's not uncommon, but also not necessarily indicative of a dirty signal. On the other hand, I've never heard of a problem with someone's internet connection. We both use the same internet system also--Cox Cable internet, and I don't have any problem whatsoever here at my own house. He is not far away, but obviously farther away than my own systems!

I suspect he may be a bit paranoid, and is assuming "any problem" is being caused by me. However, I want to be proactive! I do, however, want to try and be logical about the whole thing. Intuitively, I assume that if I was transmitting a "dirty" signal, it would probably affect my phone system (also wireless like he has, but probably a different brand) and internet service. Also, I have now added a low pass filter, but haven't checked to see if that made any difference, but I will. For one thing, I'm going to try and talk to the guy "on the phone" to see If I can hear anything when I key up. I've also been reviewing my connections. In any event, I don't want to make the mistake of assuming that, just because I don't have a problem with my systems, it must be faulty equipment at his end--or something entirely unassociated with my operating.

So, any thoughts or ideas from the group?

Dave W7AQK