Paul,

I did the PF,01,01; command.  It changed the function of holding the PF1
button from sending the sweep sequence to sending a steady carrier on the
original frequency for which the 20M band was configured on the XG3.  I then
did PF,01,00; which restored the sweep function.  What I had before this all
was:

WM,buffer...;

then

WM;  (Which echoed back the stuff following the first WM command.)

I would have expected then with the buffer now programmed, either holding
the PF1 button, or clicking on it in the config utility would have sent the
buffer. (After again restoring its function).  I even tried the examples
right out of the book, but no matter what I do all I get is a continuous
carrier.  In fact, even the 20M band light blinks like it¹s trying to do
something, but all I hear is a steady tone.  For some reason, the unit is
either ignoring what I have in the buffer, or there is something causing it
to completely skip over the contents.  The 20M light blinks continuously and
never stops.

73,

Dan

Hi Dan,

The 'W' command does not send the CW memory, it sends any text following the
'W' command.  For example:  W,de_n6hz;   would send 'de n6hz' in CW
immediately.  To send the CW memory you have to first set the programmable
PF1 key (BAND+) to function as the Morse memory sender (normally it is one
of two frequency sweeps).  Do this using the 'PF' command:  PF,01,01
Then you send the Morse memory using either a long key press of the BAND+
key or by sending 'S,01' over the serial port.    If you get stuck or have
additional questions please give me a call, my extension is 122.

73,

Paul