I think what will happen here is if you start looking at a competent
remote control program is that all controls would be required at some
point.  This includes the Configuration menus.  Of the different
programs I have looked at none is 100%, but I probably haven't seen all
that are available.

As far as the stability of the VOX controls, I have found them to be
very stable.  Set and forget, and that is the way they should be.
However there are times you may want to make changes.  Like when you
leave the house and forget to set things up beforehand. If you are
having trouble with your VOX settings you may want to start looking for
an outside cause, like the effects of RF, or something.  The K3 is known
as having an excellent VOX system.

73
Ed