Cc: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:28 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 lock out via Inhibit

Yet again I need to organize lock out for a pair of K3s. Therefore couple of questions for those who knows how to do it.

1)The manual says one need 2.2 to 10k pull up resistor on pin 7 of the ACC connector from 5V source. There is no 5V source in ACC connector (BTW Elecraft could easily provide one either on pin 12 or pin 5. Both of them are now used for GROUND). The easy answer to the problem is to use 12V out RCA socket on the back panel. Is it necessary to step down that 12V to 5V or it is safe enough to connect say 20K pull up resistor from 12V to pin 7 ? 2) Is it OK to use Keyout-Lp from pin 10 of one radio to Inh pin 7 of the other radio and vise versa. What I am concerned about is what happen if on one of the rigs someone unintentionally switch the setting of pin 7 from Inh to K3 ON?

73, Igor UA9CDC

-----
E-Mail ist virenfrei.
Von AVG uberpruft - www.avg.de
Version: 2013.0.2904 / Virendatenbank: 2641/6205 - Ausgabedatum: 26.03.2013