 From: Joel Black <w4...@charter.net>
To: elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, April 1, 2013 7:08 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] KX3 FW Update

Wow...  The audio change is great.  As is the LED brightness.  I have not had a
chance to play with the rest of it.

I will say that I thought I bricked my KX3 during the FW upload.  As usual, I
could not get the Mac version to complete the update.  The FW would load, but
the DSP would not.  I tried just uploading the DSP and the Mac version would
not let me.  Booted into VMware and tried there with no success.  Finally,
booting into BootCamp got me going again.

I have *no* luck updated FW on the KX3 or the P3 with the Mac utility.  I just
updated the K3 with the Mac utility with no issues.  I have no idea why the
difference.

73,
Joel - W4JBB