David,

I am going back trying to re-create the problem.

In Mountain Lion, trying to load v1.36/1.05, I am getting the same issue - the KX3 Utility fails at the DSP load. My KX3 shows, "dsp LOAD" and the KX3 Utility has failed. In case it is noteworthy, the RX meter is full scale. I *did* reload the driver for the KXUSB. The latest version on the FTDI website is 2.2.18. That is what was in my downloads folder and I am assuming I was using that version before. For good measure, I re-installed the FTDI driver.

In the Mac version of the KX3 Utility, I have 17 pages of error messages/system stats. I don't know if you'd want to look at all 17 pages or not. I don't really know at what I'm looking. I did notice this:

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes:  KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00000000000945fb

Using the KX3 Utility for Windows in VMware, I just got finished down grading back to 1.36/1.05 and then upgrading to 1.41/1.13. I had no issues this time. The only thing I did differently was re-load the same FTDI drivers. Apparently, I was not holding my mouth right last night. ;)

Let me know if you would like to look at the Mac utility errors.

Thanks,
Joel - W4JBB