From: "Lyle Johnson" <kk7p4...@gmail.com>
To: "k7nhb" <desig...@quickdata.com>
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Monday, April 1, 2013 8:50:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] NaP3 and the KX3

Paul,

Usually the "big center spike" is due to a so-called ground loop between
the computer_plus_soundcard and the KX3_plus_power source.

The two ways to cure this are:
1) bond everything together with low-resistance, low-inductance straps, or
2) use audio isolation transformers. There have been lots of posts here
about candidate isolation transformers.

I have no idea what the "two side traces" might be. How far apart are
they from the center spike? Are they symmetrical on either side of it?
What is their amplitude? Do they get masked by band noise when you have
a tuned-up antenna attached to the radio?

Apart from the three spikes, is the panadapter otherwise working on your
computer?

73,

Lyle KK7P