Yes use the same setting as you would for PSK or any other sound card based digital mode using DATA-A. Set the computer output level to just make bar 5 flicker in the ALC. Keep the output power down a bit. If you run full power and read a novel the PA temp will rise quite high after a few minutes. I keep it around 60W or so. I don't do that much Freedv just enough to try for a few QSOs. but use Easypal that send a similar digital signal out and the same power rule applies.

I have found that the mode works but the signal has to be fairly strong over the noise to decode well. nice and quite when you are receiving no hiss etc. definitely not for DX but fine for rag chew or a round table where all the signals are strong.

David Moes

dm...@nexicom.net
VE3DVY