I have some empirical data that the K3 works at TTL levels (0 to 5 V).

73 DE Brian/K3KO

on 4/12/2013 22:30, Don Wilhelm wrote:
Phil,

Why do you not try it and report the results?  If the bluetooth
connection is good and the bluetooth to RS-232 adapter is of good
quality, it should work just fine.
I have not tried it, but in theory it should work.  The only caution
that I can state is that the quality of some consumer devices is wanting
for something more robust.  Find one that is sufficiently robust and it
should work.

Unfortunately, many PC type devices do not conform to true RS-232 levels
and speeds, and will work with some devices over short distances, but
fail on other devices that expect the minimum RS-232 switching
voltages.  Others do not work at slow speeds - note the reports of USB
to RS-232 adapter failures on this reflector - some work, and others do
not, particularly with the slower data rate used by the K2.  Adapters
designed for industrial applications will likely work, but some of those
offered for the consumer market may present problems.  My Edgeport-4
will handle anything I have connected to it so far, but a garden variety
Prolific adapter is very picky and fails at slow data rates.

73,
Don W3FPR