It depends on what else you're using with the KX3. Roaring star (Google KX3
NAP3 LP Bridge and the Roaring Star site will be near the top) has a really
good tutorial about setting up the KX3 with HRD and LP Bridge. It's most likely
that the KX3 is using COM3 to talk with some other software.

Basically, you want to use LP Bridge (don't use v2-it's not stable enough) to
connect to the KX3. Then, set up one virtual COM port for HRD (or whatever rig
control software you're using), one for your logging software (I'm using N1MM
logger) and one for NaP3 (or other SDR software). Other SDR apps may use
different software in place of LP Bridge. I use the combination described above
and it works pretty well.

When you download the LP Bridge software, there is also a fairly detailed
write-up about configuring the software and interfacing the sound card to the
radio and software. It will probably take a little tweaking, but it's pretty
well documented. Start up and shut down is order sensitive: radio first, LP
Bridge next, then the other apps in any order. Turn everything off in the
reverse order.

73,

Giff / K1GAH
KX3 #3724