 From: "Don Wilhelm" <w3...@embarqmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2013 4:42 PM
To: r...@gruner.com
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] NaP3 and KX3 connection

Ron,

Which Com port is selected when you connect with K3Utility?  You should
be able to use the same one with NaP3.
If the port is not detected by NaP3, I would suspect a com port driver
problem rather than NaP3 - it can only report what it receives from the
computer.  If it does not receive the expected response when polling for
available ports, NaP3 will assume that the port is either not there or
is not working properly.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 4/20/2013 1:28 PM, Ron Gruner wrote:
> I am trying to install NaP3 for my KX3.  In the NaP3's set-up screen, I
am
> only getting the option of "COM 6" for the I/O Port.  This is not
> connecting to my KX3 as I believe I need COM 3 based on what I'm seeing
in
> my computer's Device Manager.
>
> How do I enable more port options in the set-up menu so I can select COM
3?
>   I've research this in various archives and Google and haven't seen
anyone
> mention this issue before. I've re-booted my computer several times,
have
> the right cable from Elecraft, etc. Also, I have set NaP3 to operate in
XP