*Good morning, Folks.*
**
*I had a mystery with my KX3 this morning!*

*I woke up this morning to a "DEAD" receiver in my KX3 on 40m.  (Last night
when I was using it, it was fully operational!)  I then checked all of the
switches & connections and they seem to be correct and tight.  **I then
tried my K2 and there was "static" on 40m as is normal around here.  *
**
*Yesterday I had installed Beta Firmware v1.44 beta and luckily [or
unluckily, whichever way you want to look at it] "SAVED" my
configuration.  At one time the latest KX3 Utility (1.12.8.11 for Windows)
even indicated that it didn't look as if I had a KX3 "attached": which I
definitely did.  [It's ALWAYS connected to my computer via an Elecraft USB
Cable.]*

*Now here is another mysterious twist!  I had resigned myself I was going
to have to box up my KX3 to send off for repair. But then I thought I would
give a try to that wonderful "RESTORE" option in the Utility before I
resorted to such a drastic move. (I had restored my K3 to operation in the
past with this option/procedure with another Beta version of the K3
Firmware: I didn't report this malfunction and I should have!) I went
through the operation of a "RESTORE" of my saved configuration (v1.44 Beta)
and jwalah (? - spelling but you get the point), my KX3 came back to life.*

*Is this a flaw in Beta v1.44 Version of the Firmware?*

*Best 72 & 73.*
*WA4NTM*