After managing with an even cheaper headset for my KX3 I bought a set of the Koss SB45 gaming headphones recently for use with it and the over ear comfort is brilliant. Even on long sessions you do not seem to get that sticky/clammy ear with some 'tank commander' type headsets give you.

I have a K2 coming shortly and whilst it will be used for cw it will have the SSB option fitted and would like to use the same mic. I note the mic socket is 8 pin and has PTT. I assume I will have to fit the 5k6 bias resistor between the pins 1 and 6 of the mic socket on the rig.

Is there a 'commercial' adapter that contains the 8 pin plug, with bias resistor fitted and a 3.5mm socket for the headset and a hand or floor PTT switch? I can home-brew something for the hand held PTT easily enough (bit like a weather man/girl hand switch they use as they stand in front of the green screens) but just wondered.

72

Dom
M1KTA